ESPN NFL Team

Thursday, December 17, 2009

The (abridged) life of a swing shift zombie

So I've been nelecting my blog for quite some time. Since very few people read it (that I know about) I don't feel too bad except that I like keeping it up as a sort of journal. I will justy give a breif overveiw of what has been going on:

  1. I got a new job at work. I move from a clerk to a Tax Examiner. (yay) I love it I have my own cubicle (or condo as they are affectionatly called in my building) It's awesome. there a few problems Like the two people trying to rip our unit apart but over all I love it. My manager isn't a complete power hungry moron. She's actually quite good. And I moved from a gs 4 to a gs 5. For those of you not familliar with government pay scales that basically amounts to 120 buck more a paycheck after taxes. And I went from seasonal to perm. Meaning I won't have to worry about furlough. I'm still on swings but I'm learning a lot of specialized things that may help me move to days eventually.
  2. The broncos are 8-5. They are the first place wild card in the afc right now. (WOOO!) We have only the cheifs the raiders and the eagles to go before the end of the season. and if we win all those games then we should stay asa the first place wild card to go and at least make it to the playoffs (something that hasn't been done since '98 with Elway I believe) I'm super excited. Oakland and Kc although they are division games (which are notoriously hard)0souldn't present much of a problem. Those teams have been struggling for the last few years and they are both home games. and philly is up and down. So we'll see what happens. Cross your fingers for me.
  3. I got my laptop. It took almost 3 weeks and a lot of call ing a screaming and they didn't even get the whole order right (thankd tigerdirect.com for the shittiest service I've ever recieved) but it's here and awesome. I wish I woulda bought one earlier.

On anouther note: My winter insomnia combined with swing shift is making life Hell on earth. I hate not being able to sleep til 6 or 7 am and then having to get up at 1230pm for work. woo. So there may be many updates to this blog bassed on the afore mentioned insomnia and the new laptop that needs some loving. that is all.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Myndi, I miss you! Good luck with sleeping. You could borrow my kids for a few days-it would knock you right out...either that or kill you. Still, it's a change :)