ESPN NFL Team

Sunday, February 7, 2010

FUCK COMPUTERS

I Fucking hate Computers. Can I just say that one more time? I FUCKING HATE COMPUTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to have one hell of a week I forsee.

Today I got up. Went out to the couch, laid back down and of course fell asleep again. When I woke up I had a text from my mom saking if I was going to come do taxes today. I said yeah so I got up, Showered, Went to the Post Office, got tax forms, then went to my mom's house to do our taxes (yay $2500 back) It took prolly 3 and a half hours to do my taxes and then another hour to hour and a half to file them online. (Cuz I'm a slow typer) between that and going to the store with my mom and chatting with my family I was gone prolly 6-7 hours. I made it home to find that my husband (I use the term loosly in this case) was sitting at home on that damn computer. I didn't want to explode and make things worse (I of all people know that ADDICTION is a sensitive thing) So I put on my ipod and proceeded to make a cheesecake for tomorrow's superbowl party(strawberry chocolate), get all the nacho stuff together that I am bringing. tidy up the bathroom (I've been letting it go for like two weeks-which I'll explain later-but It finally got to me I didn't deep clean like it needs but I wiped it down), make kool aid, make frozen juice, change the grabages in the bathroom and kitchen, file all the tax stuff away, get my clothes out of the dryer, hang them up, put away the whites I did earlier, and pick up my shoes from my side of the bed and clean that up a little. He sat out here and played Left 4 dead 2 then watched the new spongebob and penguins episodes. I came out without saying a word and sat on the couch. we finished watching the episode he handed me the remotes said here watch whatever, then went into the kitchen at 2 effing 30 in the damn morning and made the only effing thing he eats a cheese quesadilla with catsup then asked if he could skip my families superbowl party. I said "Not to stay here and play those damn games. You're computer and game time has gotten completely out of control." to which he said "I play games as much as you watch tv and play on your computer. Besides I only played like twice this week with the exception of tuesday and two of them were today (Lie I saw him at least 3 times this week before or after work)And I said "I manage to keep this house running. You emptied the dishwaser. once. and it took you 4 days to do it. Those were washed on tuesday and they got put away today." to which his reply was "They were put away yesterday" (possible. but prolly not) he then said nothing and neither did I and then he went to bed without saying a word. And now I am blogging to keep from packing my shit, calling my mom, and leaving. Or going in there to yell at him.

Lets back up a little shall we. Last week (thursday night) He cleaned the litter box for the first time in like 2 weeks because it was so full that the cat wouldn't use it anymore and proceeded to pee all over the house. and put it in a wal mart bag and set it by the door. It was late so I didn't pitch my usualy fit about how stinky the cat poo is and how it needs to be taken out immediatly, which never happens so I dunno why I waste my breath. Friday after work I came home and beat him home by a good 4 hours cuz on fridays he goes to ihop after work with (evil voice and flames in eyes and behind head) Rik. Who I could care less if he dropped over dead. I hate Rik. Rik will henceforth be known as he who shall not be named a la Harry Potter. but more on that later. I was leaving for Wendover Saturday for my buddy Sammie's 21st (to which he wouldn't come either) so I packed my stuff and went to sleep. I got up in the morning, got picked up by Sammie and left before he got out of bed. The Cat mess or Bag o poo as it will now be refered to was still there when I left. I went to wendover won $100 at the garter, every machine I touched turned to money, and condemend myself to hell for the time being by drinking enought to necessitate a giant hangover monday. We came back about 2 pm sunday. Bag o Poo was still there. Andy on the computer when I got home. (To his credit he did get off long enought to hear my stories) I was still drunk, but coming down and I had had like 3 hours of restless drunk sleep (drinking=great sleep, Drunk=terrible sleep, Passed out=terrible sleep but lots of it)the night before so I promplty fell asleep on the love seat when I woke up the first time(about 4 pm) he was playing (evil voice, scary music fire) Zelda on the wii. I think I got up, peed, drank some water to try and stave off the hangover (It didn't work. I got really sick. Side note. DId you know that when you get a hangover your brain actaully shrinks. cuz teh alcohol has dehydreted the rest of your organs the only place left with water is your brain so it sends it's water to other places and shrink pulling on the membranes in your head and causing the pounding headache. I learned it this week) and then passed out again. When I woke up again (about 9 or 10 pm) he was still playing Zelda. he then got off the tv so I could watch it (not that it mattered. I spent most of the next two days in the bathroom or asleep) and went and played on the computer for a few hours. Bag o poo was still there. Monday came and went bag o poo stayed, same with tuesday and wednesday. Thursday He got home about 230 (he gets off at 130. he can't get all his taking to he who shall not be named in the 9 hours he's there so he needs another 1-6 hours a night to talk to him. ERG. And his sister was bringing her cat over for us to watch so he changed the litter again and finally took out the bag o poo. Thursday night. that's a full week it sat there. Strike one. As afore mentioned The dishwasher was ran sometime between tuesday and wednesday it was emptied friday night. strike two. He claimed Friday that he was "too sick to go to work" but then went to ihop before I got home at 1240 and promised me that he wouldn't stay out too long. he rolled home at 6 effing am. strike three. Two weekends ago he spent 12 hours on saturday and 12 hours on sunday on the computer. He didn't say 4 sentances to me all weekend.Strike four. Months ago when we first got married he promised me he would only play on the weekends cuz 'it's a stupid thing to fight about' for the last month I've been keeping tabs on him. He hasn't kept that promise in at least a month but I'd venture to say since about nov when he met he who shall not be named. strikes five and six. I mange to do my laundry and put it away. He has not hung up a shirt since I made him the first time. His clothes just stay in the basket they come in by the magic laundry elves. If I ask him to pick up his pants and put them away there is always an excuse "It bothers me to hang up pants cuz it bends the hangers" to which you may reply as I did then why don't you put them in a drawer? and his response? " It bothers me to put them in a drawer. I just need a corner where I can stack them" yeah. The cat peed on his two "good" pairs of pants (yet he has 9 "bad" pairs lying around the house.) And he got mad and yelled at the cat. to which I said. "That's funny. She didn't pee on my pants,or any of my clothes actually. Oh wait that's cuz they are hung up or put in a drawer like they are supposed to be. Don't yell at her cuz you can't put your clothes away" He didn't think that was very funny. Strike seven. Today. While I was gone doing taxes and errands and things like that I had a load of whites in the washer. I live in a 900 sq foot apt. you can hear when the washer is done. I get home 2 hours later to pick up a flash drive with his last years tax return on it. The whites are still in the washer. They had been done for prolly an hour and he couldn't find 5 minutes to put them in the dryer. Strike eight. He will argue with me for hours on end about why he can only use irish spring soap, and why only his movies are any good (I swear if I hear one more word about the 'holy trinity' of fucking star wars I will go bananas), and why I can't by the cheap lexmark ink printer just so we have a printer and why we have to by teh 240 lazer color toner printer, and flip out if his precious video games are the slightest bit out of some ungodly order that I can't figure out, tell me ways to improve anything I cook or just not eat it. (I've stopped cooking sunday dinner. He can fend for himself.) or spend ten minutes looking up somethng on the fucking blackberry to prove that he is right but he can't put any of that enery into anything productive. like going to school ("I will only go to steven's henniger. and only for it. That's where my dad went and he didn't have to take generals. I hate generals." yeah and that's also a non accredited school outside of utah with a 90% dropout rate.) Or getting a better position in the IRS ("i'm happy where I'm at. and it's not like we're hurting so why does it matter?" yeah if you want to stay in this tiny apt with no kids and no dogs, and hope like hell that nothing breaks down or rates don't go up on anything cuz we have a bunch of credit card debt then yeah. stay where you are. with a shit manager and a shittier "friend" (I use the term loosly) which is the real reason you won't even try to move) or clean. anything. or even just pick up after himself. ("I don't want to mess up your cleaning" trust me cleaning it again won't mess it up) I swear if it doesn't have a fucking dragon or mage magic or some other stupid shit in it then he doesn't care about it. strike nine. But the crowning strike is the fact that unlike any normal human being he can apperantly go 7 weeks without any kind of.. how do i put this nicely... physical closeness? Yeah 7 weeks. I'm pretty sure that is one of the major signs of addiction. Strike ten.

I found this article online about video game addiction and it lists 8 major warning signs then it says that if you or someone you know is experiencing 3 or more that they need some help. I will post these signs now and bold the ones he has

1.Obsession or preoccupation about computer games or playing video games on a video game console excessively
2.Neglecting personal relationships with friends and family to spend more time playing video games
3.Difficulty keeping up with personal or professional responsibilities due to increased hours playing video games. Have you ever “called in sick” to stay home to play your favorite game?
4.Lying to others about computer or video game use. Do you sneak time to play games, perhaps late at night while others are asleep? Has someone close to you, perhaps your significant other, ever criticized you for spending too much time playing video games rather than spending time with them?
5.While not spending time on the internet or playing video games, do you feel angry, agitated, irritable or depressed? Do you experience withdrawal symptoms when not playing video games?
6.Do you spend most of your time thinking or wishing you could be playing your favorite game or surfing the web? (it's all he talks about so I'm assuming that is the case
7.Do you become so involved in playing video games that you sometimes neglect to eat, sleep, or bathe?
8.Do you ever experience physical symptoms such as backaches, dry eyes or headaches after playing video games? -He complains of these things all the time- Have you been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome or experience symptoms of carpal tunnel?

As you can see he has 8 out of 8. I'm done. I know I have said this beofre but this time I mean it. I will bring up the problem again tomorrow before I leave for the party and if he gets the slightest bit defensive about the new 12 hours a week (max two a day) time restriction it'll come down to an ultimatum. Me or the fucking games. I sure hope all that crap about how much he loves me and how I'm the most important thing in his life wasn't just hot air like everything else he's ever told me. I guess I'll soon find out huh?

No comments: