ESPN NFL Team

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ellie's first crash

So my sister just got into her first fender bender. it's OK. She's fine. Just a little shook up so if any of you see her or talk to her help her calm down but I don't think any of you will see her. I don't know. but I don't think so This reminds me of my first fender bender.

I was 16 and I had been driving for about 6 months. I drove a 92 chev pickup that was on it's last leg. Full sized Pickup with a 4 inch trailer hitch on the back. I had just left Carl's Jr on Harrison after getting food and I backed into a little tiny green ford. Come to find out the ford belonged to the bank's president! (there is a bank right next to Carl's) So here I was some sixteen year old kid with a POS truck and I backed into a brand new ford. Put the trailer hitch right thru the bumper. Then the bank pres came out. He was a nice enough guy and he took care of everything. he just got my insurance info and called and all that. Then I had to call my dad. (I had already called my mom not knowing what to do)

Let me explain. My dad is a good guy. But his temper is about half as long and twice as violent as mine. Things just set him off. I was scared shitless. My dad just checked to make sure everything had been taken care of and went. Did you learn from this? and I just nodded. He said OK. then no harm done. He's surprisingly cool about fender benders. Now when I totalled the truck. different story. but the little ones. he makes sure everything gets done and you learn form it (insurance goes up you have to pay for any body work) but there is no yelling or anything.

So yeah. My insurance went up and all but other than that it was a good learning experience. Hopefully it will be for Ellie too.

No comments: