ESPN NFL Team

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

First day of Fediness

Yesterday was my first day of IRS. And although I managed to piss off a lead almost immediately(I seem to have that effect on people) it was pretty good.



First thing we did was get badges so we could get in everyday. Already this place was so much more organized that IAP(aka the files) I had to wait almost a month to get one there. so basically everyday they lost 20 minutes of their time and mine cuz I'd have to wait for a manager to sign me in and out. Grr. There was a big line and you signed like 93 papers and then boom. badge.



Then they put us in this training room. There were like 12 people too many so we had to o to the break room and get chairs. By this time I had found my friends shantel and daniel so we all sat in the back corner(the trouble corner as my friend daniel so eloquently named it. but we'll get to that later)



Then the training. there is a thousand page manual on how to take mail out of an envelope correctly. and the envelope is already cut open. I'm very serious. My friends and I were making fun of the training and kept laughing.. and trying to stifle said laughs. Thus the reason we took on the moniker the trouble corner.

then we went home after 8 hours. basically it's a monkey job. But I'm ok with that. $15 an hour almost great benefits. not to hard. Dream come true. and it's at night so no need to get up way stinkin early or stay up way to stinking late

No comments: