ESPN NFL Team

Monday, February 23, 2009

it's been a while.. also I need to vent

so as some of you may or may not know about a week ago Andy and I came to a very much life changing decision (although not "official" yet so...) now I'm sitting here really trying to understand what this means. so I'm going to blog. if any of ya'll have any kind o advice/ suggestions feel free to leave them.

Kk so basic overview: on valentines day after we went and did all that hoopla Andy and I had a discussion about where we saw this(our relationship) going. and both kinda came to the conclusion that both of us see this ending in marriage. so it was basically a proposal without the whole "proposal" thing.-thus the it's not official part of this- so we've been talking about it a lot. which is where all this stems from.

After the intital excitement of the whole deal it kinda hit me. oh shit. now I have to tell my family. let me give you a little background on my family(in bulleted form)
  • my parents anniversary is may 7 1988, my birthday is Nov 5 1988. go ahead count those. there are only 7 months... yeah and I wasn't early
  • my dad is pretty anti Mormon for the most part despite what he claims. his actions say it all
  • my dad has a wow problem. and not the computer game type o wow problem. the type Andy and I both have struggled with in the past
  • my dad is stubborn. he hasn't been to church in years, when he does go he bitches and moans the whole time and causes much contention and discord and refuses to believe that someone here on this earth knows more than him and that "hocus pocus 'visions' and 'feelings' " actually have truth to them

aka even if we offered to wait and give my family time to clean up so that they could be there with us(which was my first suggestion. I would give anything for my family to be there. It's just not ) it wouldn't happen. and I'm not getting married outside the temple. it's that important to me and I know it is the right thing to do. so basically we have to tell my family our plans, make them feel included, explain our reasons in a way that makes sense to them and that they can understand and accept and not let them find out third party. oh and then plan and execute a meet the in laws and then a wedding. haha I'll trade anyone for the stress of finals right now straight across ;) not really but you know just trying to lighten the mood for myself. back off

so basically the only way we've come up with for telling my fam is to wait until Andy has a ring and then have him ask my dad for permission in a 'I'm-asking-for-permission-but-it's-going-to-happen-anyway' kinda way. and if they do by chance find out third party (which with any luck they won't.) We'll just fess up and explain our reasoning for waiting. but only cuz Andy doesn't go for the whole eloping idea ;) again. joke. kinda i mean my family isn't stupid for the most part. they know it's coming. I'm just hoping things will go smoothly enough that my entire side can live with it. cuz i know i will always have a hard time dealing with the fact that the only people there from my side will be my grandma maybe and a few friends also maybe. but with great sacrifice comes great reward... that's what I keep telling myself.

yeah so that's about it

No comments: