ESPN NFL Team

Sunday, December 7, 2008

I'm not sure what just happened but I think I got one of my wishes.. or will be soon..I think

Last night was My Rigby/Sparkes/like 5 other surnames side of the family Christmas party(aka my moms). I've never really been all about this party cuz.. well take me at my loudest and most obnoxious and times it by about 200. You now have the Rigby side of the family. We are big fat loud redneck mofos! Actually it's really close to the party in my big fat Greek wedding..you know.. just loud and boisterous and welcoming and HUGE! It can be fun at times. But add that to the fact that I don't really know about 185 of the people on that side and my cousins are like 43 and 38. yes. my first cousins. their kids are closer to my age than they are. it's not so much fun. There was always me and Ren(my 3rd cousin) that were the same age.. and everyone else was either like 4 years younger or 10 years older. Crazy.

Anyway. so I decided-after much guilt from my mom and much begging and pleading from various aunts and grandmas and stuff-that Andy needed to meet this side of the family. For a few reasons:
  1. It would be a good test. If he can handle this side of my family without running away in fear he's a keeper
  2. He needs to know the gene pool he's getting into-perhaps
  3. Someone for me to talk to and
  4. This is the side of the family that at my Grandma's 90th birthday party(when Andy didn't come) kept asking things like "where's this Andy we've heard so much about" and "When is your wedding? let me see your ring" and "where are your two kids and husband?"-I dunno where that one came from-I was in a constant changing state of relationship. from pregnant unwed mother that the "babydaddy" ran off to married with two kids and everything in between. I felt the need to generate a few rumors *mischievous grin*. Hey they are my blood. They are stuck with me Forever! So I feel that it's OK to be an ass once in a while

so I took him. We had to show up a little early to help set up cuz it was the sparkes turn to set up-we rotate who is in charge by "family" so my grandma's three kids-my mom my aunt and my uncle-and their immediate families-ie kids and kids kids and spouses-and that was defiantly the worst part. There were only like 12 people there so it was interrogation city for him. But then as more people showed up we were able to slip under the radar and not get interrogated too badly. Haha and my 90 year old grandma ran right up to Andy and gave him this Huge hug when we both got there and was all "there's my Andy!" and he just kinda laughed like.. ok? haha My grandma is one of those people you can't help but love. So we ate then it was time for the gift exchange. Which meant He had to go sit with the guys. and I had to sit with he girls.. on the other side of the room. so that was interesting. but we got thru that then we left right quick. And were were driving around and talking about all the weddings we have coming up-I have like at least 3 friends, and one family friend and he has his sister and his cousins- and he stops halfway thru his sentence and goes "G*****n my brain" and I go.."Um......K...what?" and he goes"nevermind. it just has to do with a topic that has been brought up quite a few times tonight" and I kinda internally went "ah!!!!" cuz the last time those two sentences were put together was when the whole love thing came up... but anyway we decided to go see bolt-which is ADORABLE! btw- and then we got to his house so I could drop him off and we were sitting there talking cuz I was pissed cuz my dad had left me like 3 voicemails all of them starting with "don't ignore me.. why do you think I pay for you to have a phone?"-when it goes straight to voicemail without ringing. the phone is off.. I'm not ignoring you-gr.. anywho and we were talking about Jeff Dunham and he goes you have got to see the Christmas special. I've got it on my ipod.. you wanna watch? and I said yeah I do. so we sat in my car watching Jeff Dunham(.com lol anyone who watches him gets that) for an hour then it was like 1:15 in the morning so I started trying to leave kinda so we got out and started talking and making horrible lame jokes and stuff.. cuz it was really late for both of us-neither of us got much sleep the night before- and so we were standing there and I was talking about how that side of the fam only gets together once a year so he's safe for another year and how I'm not all about extended family usually and he goes "well my brother says when you get married your extended family consists of your brothers and sisters" all cryptic like. And whatev. So yeah we finally decided at about like 2:15 it was time to go in cuz he was about to lose extremities cuz the boy doesn't wear a coat. I really won't think less of you for not wanting frost bite. Hell I admit I'm cold all the time.. I steal his coat in his car all the time. ;) but so yeah I left adn then cuz I'm much braver over text than I ever would be in person I sent him this:

Btw is this your way of telling me I should be paying tithing and all that other stuff that would allow me to enter the temple again?

And his response was:

Lol I guess if you want to say that. But I need to do that too lol.

WHAT THE CRAP DOES THAT MEAN?! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dunno what to even think.. and he knows I'll stew on it that why he's hinting about it. And the worst part is I totally texted Darcy. like immediately. cuz yeah.. I needed advice and all that jazz and said:

I realize you're sleeping and I hope your phone is off so I don't wake you.. but I think I was just told I should plan on not going on a mission...

and I woke up to this response:

Wow... you THINK? You mean you aren't SURE? ;) what happened? and You want to know the bizarre thing? when you told me that you were taking Andy to your party I had the weirdest feeling and I knew something was going to happen! Of course I just laughed at myself but.. wow.. that's weird...

AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Ok... lol now that that is kinda out of my system if anyone has any thoughts I could totally use them.. I'm going to go attempt to clean my room I think to try and keep my mind shut off...I mean I love him and I'm pretty sure this is what I've wanted from day like.. 5.. but now that this is an actual possibility instead of just wishful thinking I'm really really nervous.. I think.. it's all really new... I think.. I dunno.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Hee hee. Myndi, I so love you. Not like Andy does, apparently, but I do :)