ESPN NFL Team

Monday, December 22, 2008

first day of live calls(and possibly last)

so in case anyone wonders or cares today was my first day of live calls. Let me tell you. God has a sense of humor. I wanted a chance to prove myself and he delivered by handing me all the angriest horribliest hardest calls he could find.

First off I was the first one on the headsets out of my class no one else could log in. So I was the first one to take calls. and of course first call I get is a troubleshooting call with an angry customer. Oh joy. Everyone watched as I flubbed and floundered and got hung up on after 25 minutes. Great first call. not! The next 2 calls were also troubleshooting with semi angry calls as well. actually to save time I'm just going to list all the calls I got:

  • 6 troubleshooting
  • 2 cancellations
  • one lady that I argued with for 20 minutes about protocol, it ended when she called me a few derogatory names for "Mexican" and my manager-who was basically camped out next to me all day cuz I was having such a hard time- got on the line and told the customer that she could not treat me like that
  • 3 other people who were... irate... about my inability to give them classified info.
  • and 3 nice people who were very patient and understood that I was doing the best I could

and I also managed to hang up on one customer while trying to transfer her to tech support-but luckily she was one of the really nice ones. Actually all I did all day was transfer people. I felt like a switchboard operator. I can't do a damn thing in the billing system or anything but I can sure as hell transfer calls! I am the call transferring Guru. All I can say is that 8 hours is so worth an IRS job and I'd better get one. But again karma is out to get me and God has a sense of humor. I'll prolly get an IRS job as an inbound call rep. At which point I just pull out a shotgun and kill myself. if anyone hears of another, not phone related, job opening you should let me know. yeah that's pretty much it. I'm just venting. The one good thing is that there is no way tomorrow can be any worse than today was. and yet I say that and Karma will go ahhaha just to prove that's not true here's an even worse day. BOO!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: