ESPN NFL Team

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New perspective

So I went to institute today after literally 3 weeks of little to no religion cuz I keep being naughty and skipping church to hang with Andy, or watch the broncs game(which I won't be doing anymore.. they seem to lose when I do that) and I keep hanging with Andy in lieu of institute.. but I went today. Wow! I think I'm going to Skip church and institute for a few weeks anytime it starts to become a chore.. I cannot believe how much I've been missing! and it's just amazing how the same story can teach you different things at different parts of your life. Like today we talked about prolly my favorite scripture story in the new testament the woman taken in adultery in the 8th chapter of st. john (verses 1- 11 for those of you following along at home) I've always really loved that story ever since it was first quoted to me when I was about 15. At that time I was just starting my first real venture into "true darkness" where I knew what I was doing was wrong and I was doing it just to be rebellious and "bad" and one of my good friends one day quoted that story to me word for word as we were walking after I had said something like "it's no use. I don't want to change and it would be too hard anyway... I've gone too far" and she quoted that story to me and we had a nice talk. At that time I needed it to be "there is no sin too awful that you can't come back. Christ is loving and merciful. not all fire and brimstone" kinda story but tonight as we talked about it I got a different meaning. well several. But the one I got tonight was more of a "it may seem like the end of the world right now but it's actually a new beginning" thing. It was really quite eye opening. the other story we talked about was the one where Christ heals the blind man on the sabbath (again for all you following along at home this is in the 9th chapter of St. John.... I dunno what verses off the top of my head tho...sorry) by making mud and having him go wash. Yeah. the thing that stood out to me in this story is that this mans whole life had been one giant trial; he was blind from birth and it says he is of age so he's at least 13 but in my mind I see him as around my age so about 20 and Christ's followers ask him "why is this guy blind?" basically and Christ says basically "so I could heal him" His whole life had been one big trial just for one moment in time (well it does live on forever in the scriptures but work with me here) one miracle took 20 years of humbling and faith and trials. For any of you that know what's going on in my life right now this makes sense anyone who doesn't prolly shouldn't be reading this lol but I'll make it relatively short. My world has turned to shit overnight. I lost my job, I'm getting beat out for getting it back by liars who cheated on the assessment and got a lying excellent score and I did it honestly and got a relatively low score so I'm at the bottom of the list to get called back if they don't get a full staff by the time they work their way down to the 91's, so I started going to school with the idea that that unemployment that I have been paying into for 4 years would be of some use and that the state would say "oh. look. She's going to school to be of some use to society. let's us help her out" but alas it's the government.. they thing it's impossible to accept work and go to school so they are denying me unemployment... so I now need a job...like now. so basically short of losing the single greatest guy I have ever met ever! or someone dying very little can go wrong in my life. So this lesson really made me step back and go "wow. am I missing a teaching moment here? is this to prove to everyone and myself that I really do believe what I claim to believe? Should I be telling my family that the reason I am not freaking out too awful much (I am human... sometimes it does get to me) is that I have been told that it'll work out the way it's aposta even if I don't like it? I dunno.... :S Just some random deep thoughts

No comments: