ESPN NFL Team

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My little Eddybear

I figured since most people didn't get to meet my little eddybear before he was run down I would post pics. I just really miss him mostly.



This is Ed and Hunter Begging My sister(that's her green shirt in the corner


Here He is sleeping on the couch. He was quite a spoiled hound He got to sleep on the couch with a blanket

And A pillow. The red/tan/brown dog in his sister charly. They were always together... for anyone who's read where the red fern grows They really were old dan and lil anne.




Here's one where I was trying to sneak up and get a pic of him with his tongue out. He woke up and kinda looked at me like.. Huhwha?




Here he is with his pillow again. Hunter is sitting with him this time.


I call this the Eddybear pose..







Here he is with his blanket again looking at me and ellie like 'you are strange'





this is the last one I got of him before he was gone. I needed a pic of how he got his name This is how he would sleep. When he was little my dad brought both dogs home and said "he made me take the male but don't get too used to him. We're not keeping him." Well you can't bring an adorable little puppy home to three girls and then say that. We kept him for a while but we never really gave him a name.. we just called him puppy. About 2 months after we got him he got parvo. We fed him pedialite and Gatorade and nursed him back to health against all odds. Obviously after that he was ours. But he still had no name. My mom one day while taking the dogs to the kennel said "ed charly kennel up" and I looked at her and said "who's ed?" My mom said "I was sick of just calling him Puppy or Dog so I named him after the hyena on the lion king cuz he kinda looks like him and he sleeps with his tongue out" and the name stuck
There are places in our front yard where the grass is worn out because Ed was content to run circles around the house for hours and hours. Just running in circles barking happily.
A few years ago we couldn't find Ed. We were hollering and hollering but we couldn't find him. Then out of one of our peach trees Ed jumped. He had been sitting in the v of this tree eating peaches for the last half hour. IN THE TREE! he had figured out how to get up in the tree
Sometimes you would call him and pat your lap like you wanted him to sit with you and he would jump up and sit up on your shoulder like a parrot. He earned the nickname pirate Ed for that one.
If he heard music he would come and jump up and put his front paws on your shoulders and whine until you danced with him. He was Ed the dancing Hound.
He was brave enough to take on bears and coyotes and wild beasts of all kinds yet gentle enough that when wylie or zack or any number of rough or young kids would come over they could climb all over him and he would let them. He never got rough or even nipped at anyone
He was my dad's best coyote hunting tool cuz he would run for miles on end without getting tired.
He was my mom's baby. She named him and did most of the nursing when he got sick. He loved watching soaps and survivor with my mom.
He was my sisters doll. Friday she painted his nails pink despite my protests. She was the one that came up with the name Eddybear
He was my bronco buddy. He loved to sit up in the recliner with me during the games. He would jump up when I did and when they were losing or doing badly he would growl at the TV. He also loved to jump up on me when I was reclined and flop over on his back and recline with me.

We've kept him alive so many times. against all odds he made it to four years old. And I daresay he had some of the best four years a hound could ever ask for. I mean how ridiculous is it that we had a lap hound? It's pretty silly and yet I wouldn't trade it for anything, no matter how much of a redneck it makes us. He got to go out and run and chase small helpless animals and bark and pee to his hearts content about 3 times a week.
This house just isn't the same without his adorable stupid grin and happy bark as he ran about begging for food or attention or just someone to play with.
I hope he's up in heaven with my other dogs booner and sadie and spike and coco and my two grandpas and various other relatives. I hope he has a place to run circles around and All the food he could ever want. As you can maybe tell from the pictures we could never keep any weight on him. Ever. We constantly fed him and always way more than the other dogs and yet he was always starving it seems. We could never figure it out. At least now he doesn't have to deal with that. I hope he has a couch to curl up on and broncos games to watch and someone to love him like my mom did. I also hope he's doing some good. I don't really know what animals do in heaven-cuz I know most people when they die are up there either teaching others or learning the truth-but I'd like to think that some little boy who is waiting for his family to come join him needed a friend and no one could ask for a better one than Ed.
I love you Ed and I will see you again. I promise. In the meantime be a good boy and do whatever it is you were needed up there for.




No comments: