ESPN NFL Team

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

random realizations all because of eggs

so today was a weird day.

I start a swing shift job next week so I've been trying to get back into swing sleeping (IE staying up and being productive until about midnight) but I also was forced to push my classes up to from 8-10 in the morning. Yeah. Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a morning person.. like at all.. oh I can pretend for a while and when its for like rehearsals or something I'll be a total grouch until I start working on something then I'll kinda wake up... also after about two dews(I'm talking 20 ozers) get into my system I'm.. fuctional... somewhat but I am not able to hold my tongue and pretend not to wish you were dropping off the face of the earth like I sometimes can later in the day (I'm not very good at that sometimes either) so anyway.. so this whole getting up at 7 am for school thing.. I dunno how well that'll work... but I get up yesterday morning and I go out to my car to go to school and my car has been egged..for the second time in a week. I mean I park it out on the street but I've never had so much as a dog whiz on it(well except my dogs) in over a year.. and my mom never had problems when she used to park out there... anywho needless to say I was not happy and the air around me was quite profane for quite some time. Then I had to go to school to the advisor who doesn't really know that much more than I do.. and treats all of us like crap... I was not thrilled... so I decided to sleep outside and try and catch whoever was doing this. No one messes with me or my car and gets away with it.



So I positioned the cars just so I could sleep in the back of my mom's truck (yes I realize it's November.. and yes it was cold.. but it was the principle of the thing) and watch my car from there to see if the "Easter bunnies" would be making their "deliveries" again. I didn't really expect to catch anyone cuz who is stupid enough to hit the same car 3 times in a row like that? apparently these kids were.. but I was ready for them if they did come..



Well about 230 I heard a truck go by kinda slow with its brights on.. I wasn't sleeping like I normally do so I heard it and woke up.. my first thought was "they are either lost.. on a back road.. at 230 on a Monday morning or these are my guys that are stupid enough to hit up the same car 3 times in a week". the truck drove past kinda slow then went up the road a mile or so then turned around and flipped off the lights.. "Bingo" so I got out of the truck and kinda crept up where I figured the truck door would be.. the passenger managed to get one egg off before I opened the driver side door and hit the driver. (I'm not usually an advocate of violence.. but again don't mess with me or my car.. and if you are stupid enough to hit the same car 3 out of 4 nights you deserve whatev you get)-they were going like 1 mile an hour if that.. I then began turning the air around the truck blue with profanities and the driver-whose nose I think I broke with my initial angry punch parked the car-yes in the middle of the road.. again back road.. 230..I just punched him in the face... I'm impressed he remembered to park it..-and passenger both got out to find out who has the nerve to interrupt their illegal activities.. I manged to get the driver again as he got out and then the passenger got ahold of me.. he got in a few good punches-I have a bruise on my ribs and a nick under my lip to prove it- then I dunno what happened.. somehow I managed to knock the wind out of one of them (the crow bar I'd stashed under my car prolly helped ;) I never said I fight fair... I'm all about giving myself the advantage) and pin the other under my foot.. I then very politely told them that if I so much as saw that truck or either of them withing 100 yards of my car again this would look like a tickle fight. I then let them limp off.. then after they were gone I crawled inside in hopes of getting some sleep and to circumvent any visible markings I might have.. (I managed to get rid of the black eye I shoulda prolly gotten.. the rest are visible but not that noticeable)

Anywho the point of this story is that I think I matured a little last night. I used to pick fights with strangers just to fight. I would get all antsy and nervous and excited when I knew that there MIGHT be a fight... and I still do.. it's a natural by product. But I don't live for them like I used to..

Also after all that anger and frustration and planning what I would do to them if I caught them But funny thing...when it was all said and done.. I really didn't feel all that great. I kinda felt really crappy. Like i had stooped down to their level..I dunno.. it was a weird realization. And I don't think I'll be fighting much anymore... After all weekend all the crap that's gone on with my family and within myself with the whole mission thing and having to defend my beliefs to my mom to the point of an out an out screaming war about my having a temple marriage that isn't even in the books yet and all of that.. I think I had the Spirit with me more in the last few days then I have in my whole life.. I just don't think i noticed it.. But I sure noticed the lack of it lately... it was weird.. I dunno

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Note to self:
NEVER screw with Myndi and her car.

Myndi said...

haha you are correct! Andy knows what'll happen to him if he ever breaks my heart ;) well actually.. I don't think I could ever hurt him.. no matter how badly he hurt me.. if he did